MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND:
Community Fundraising Guidelines
By signing up to our fundraising platform you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Cash collections in public places and door to door fundraising will not be completed as part of this fundraising activity
2. All fundraising must be completed within Australia & New Zealand.
3. Médecins Sans Frontières cannot authorise fund raising outside of Australia or New Zealand.
4. As an issue of security, Médecins Sans Frontières cannot authorise fundraising for adventure treks, activities within, or visits to countries in which we currently have projects operating .
5. All fundraising will be conducted for un-tied funds, meaning that all donations will be directed to our General fund and allocated to areas of the greatest need .
6. At least 50% of gross income from fundraising events must be donated to Médecins Sans Frontières Australia & New Zealand.
7. Médecins Sans Frontières should be named as the beneficiary of the fund raising activity i.e. "proceeds of the event will go to Médecins Sans Frontières". The percentage or portion of gross proceeds donated to Medecins Sans Frontieres should also be disclosed
8. As the Médecins Sans Frontières logo is a registered trademark, any use of our logo or reference of Médecins Sans Frontières ' name must be approved before the materials are made public.
9. All media and press releases must be approved by Medecins Sans Frontieres Australia & New Zealand prior to distribution.
10. Médecins Sans Frontières Australia & New Zealand does not accept gifts from industries that cause direct harm to Médecins Sans Frontières patients (e.g. arms or tobacco manufacturing and sale), industries that could generate conflicts of interest with the Access Campaign (e.g. pharmaceuticals, medical equipment or research), or industries that are, or could be perceived to be contributing to conflicts and could therefore compromise Médecins Sans Frontières ' independence (e.g. extractive industries - mineral, oil or gas).
11. Tax-deductible receipts will only be provided for donations and not for donated services such as entertainment, staging or setting up of an exhibition.
12.The conducting of raffles as a fund raising activity is subject to each state's regulation. This must be addressed before an application is lodged.
13. Médecins Sans Frontières cannot allocate funds to cover insurance for fund raising events nor does Médecins Sans Frontières' public liability cover community fundraising events.